Thursday 17 February 2011

Evaluation on my first carousel, film.

Well for my first design process 2 carousel I was in film. We were given the task interpretation where we was given the script "Ticket." 
I was the Producer, which means I had to be organised and keep on everybody to make sure everything was being done. The group were amazing to take on tasks and always wanted to be doing something that needed to be done. As I gave out the roles I found everyone snapping them up leaving me twiddling my thumbs finding something to do. I always did though as there is a never ending list to make a film. I made quite a few timetables and task lists, I made sure the group had each others numbers etc. I also always messaged round reminders of; filming times, meetings, what people were doing and making sure everything was on schedule. The best thing I invested in was a diary for this year, as a producer has to be more organised my diary helped me a lot more than I thought it would. Making set dates for things also works a lot better than saying yeah next week.
Our pre-production process went quite well we kept to schedule and most of the time ahead of our schedule. The only thing I think that could of gone better was better detail on the script, when we pulled it together at editing we realised there wasn't a full story that made full sense to the viewer. I think a difference in editing could solve this. As I re-edit my own version, I will make it more of a full story maybe go out and film more shots to fill in the gaps, or make it into a silent film inspired by old black and white films, more research will take part before I do this though. 
We couldn't keep to the script except dialogue, this was because we couldn't film on a tram/bus so we tried to integrate this by making it look like she had been on a tram by using tram tickets and a shot of a tram going past. The only way this could be better is if we had a while longer, we could then have got permissions to film on a tram or bus, or arranged something to work around this. I think this would have maybe brought the story together more. 
I think this filming carousel will help me a lot in the future as I have kept a close eye on everything that has gone wrong and what could be better, and the process, what more needs to be done and how to keep people together. I think at the beginning I was a bit shy of taking control of the group and asking them to do what needed to be done. However I think towards the end I was a lot more assertive as Deborah told the hole group what was needed of me. This made me feel I was doing it right when I was assertive and making arrangements. For a better experience next time I am going to ask people in my group what they thought of my skills as a producer and for some constructive criticism on what I can do better next time. This was my job and as I want to do it when I am older I will become more strong at this role. 

"Ticket" Group Edit from Samantha Freeman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment