Sunday 17 October 2010

My Design Process.

My Design Process

Briefing -

Firstly I receive my assignment brief. I then read it thoroughly and go through it for the main points to make ideas on and get to know what I have to do. If I am in a group I would meet with my group and have a group meeting about ideas etc.

Planning -

When I worked on my own for example my HMV project for college, I did a lot of research on the company e.g. designs, colours and unique selling points. However when I was working in a group for example my Lady GaGa music video, we did a lot of background research on design, costumes overall look and what we would need to do for the video to run smoothly. For example more schedules props enough shots.

Market Research -

Carrying on with my HMV idea, I then did a few questionnaires to make background research on what the customer would want from HMV and how it could be made better, also what could be improved. On the Lady GaGa research you only had to look at all GaGa's fans to see she was doing something right and she wouldn't be the same if we was less drastic than she was.

My Design -

I then created my design, I used a lot of pictures making sequences to make a simple advert. This would be using colours for representation. For example HMV would be pink.
Or Lady GaGa we took her Music Video, “Bad Romance” took the shots out of the video and designed our way of making it.

Evaluation -

I then looked at my products thoroughly to see what could have been improved and where my process could of worked better. This then helping my process if I do it again.

Throughout the process of making my advert I kept all my work in a folder and checked I had everything and that all of it was up to date every time I finished a section.
My Lady GaGa project was harder to keep under management because of all the shots and making sure we has everything together. Trying to keep the group together, their parts of the work and communicating any problems or solved problems. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment